Getting an aesthetic treatment done is an aspect of self-care. It makes us feel beautiful and confident, and brings about a positive impact on our well-being.
Although the advancement in technology is making aesthetic treatments in Singapore more affordable in recent years, it is still an investment that we make. How can we make all the treatments a good bang for our buck?
Here are some notes you need to take and keep in mind to make sure that you are getting the most out of your aesthetic treatments.
1. Pre-treatment prep
Being prepared for your treatment is as important as the treatment itself. For example, to minimise bruising from injections, you may want to avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and all other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) before your treatment. And if you are going for a session of laser hair removal, you will need to shave your hair a day before. Always find out what you need to do and what to avoid from your clinic’s therapists to be doubly sure.
2. Let your skin heal
If there is redness or bruising, do not attempt to rub or exfoliate it. Follow the doctor’s advice on post-treatment care, and if there are any medication that you need to take or apply, follow through the full course of it (or as advised by your doctor) for optimal results and get the most out of your treatment.
3. Apply sunscreen
Sunscreen is a must post-laser treatment since our skin is very susceptible to UV damage.
Halley Brilliance Skincare’s Airy Antioxidant Sunscreen
In fact, regardless of whether we have gotten an aesthetic treatment done or not, sunscreens are highly recommended because UV rays are the main culprits to skin ageing. Try Halley Brilliance Skincare
’s Airy Antioxidant Sunscreen, a broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protective sunscreen that is enriched with Sodium Hyaluronate that helps to rejuvenate the skin, or the SpectraBan Sunscreen, an SPF40 PA+++ sun protection gel that is formulated for oily or combination skin type.
4. Take note of your post-treatment activities
Take note of what you schedule for yourself after your aesthetic treatments. You don’t want to be out in the sun if you have just completed a laser treatment. Injectables may also leave you with minor bruising, and it may not be a good idea to schedule them just right before an important event.
5. Use suitable skincare products
Some products are BFFs with certain treatments because they help your skin to heal and recover post-treatment.
Ultherapy and other skin tightening treatments
• Nano Intense Stem Cells Serum
For anti-ageing, pigmentation, and pore health
– R-Alpha Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant that smooths fine lines and wrinkles. When you reverse your age with Ultherapy
, the Nano Intense Stem Cells Serum can help you get the most out of your treatment.
• Collagen Repair Cream
Moisturiser for sun-damaged and mature skin
– Peptides are building blocks of collagen. Maximise your collagen boost after an Ultherapy treatment with the Collagen Repair Cream.
– Ginseng extract boosts blood circulation in your skin and this stimulates collagen production. Get your daily collagen bonus from the Collagen Repair Cream to make the most out of your Ultherapy treatment.
PicoSure Laser other laser treatments
• Skin Barrier Defence
Moisturing toner to prepare skin for skincare
– Chamomile in Skin Barrier Defence soothes skin post-laser. Put it in the complimentary spray bottle to mist your skin and ease discomfort any time.
– Witch Hazel relieves and reduces inflammation to speed up recovery after a laser treatment, making the Skin Barrier Defence a perfect PicoSure
• Super Recovery Cream
Promotes recovery, heals and prevents scars, and reduces bruising
– The synergistic blend of Vitamin K and Arnica extract improves the appearance of bruising and skin discolouration, the ideal solution for post-laser skin.
– Grape Seed Oil is a powerful antioxidant that protects against the harmful effects of sun exposure which makes the Super Recovery Cream a must-have after your PicoSure treatment.
Do approach any of our therapists to find out which products in our Brilliance skincare range are the most suitable for your treatments.
6. Do not skip treatments
Halley Medical Aesthetics HIFU treatment
It is best to follow the treatment plan your doctor has planned out for best results. While life can get busy, try your best to stick to your appointments and finish the whole treatment.
Schedule a consultation with our doctors at Halley Medical Aesthetics
to share your concerns with them and let them advise you on the types of aesthetic treatments that are suitable for you. You can also reach out to our therapists to know more about Halley Medical Aesthetics’ Brilliance skincare range and the products that are most suited for your skin.
Call 6737 8233 or WhatsApp us at 9816 6148 to make an appointment.
Halley Medical Aesthetics
+65 6737 8233
+65 9816 6148
Overseas patients can also call us on WhatsApp at +65 9816 6148
for more information.
is also available at Halley Medical Aesthetics.